The Hispanic Alliance Job Position Description
Job Description: Director of Impact & Development
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Hispanic Alliance believes that individuals facing obstacles can transform their lives when provided high quality, culturally relevant educational opportunities. We focus on arts education for youth, and entrepreneurial training for adults, thereby empowering entire families to thrive and give back to the community.
The Hispanic Alliance has partnered with the Austin community over the past six years to expand access to education and spur innovation amongst schools, nonprofits, and businesses. In addition to collaborative events throughout the year, we currently operate three year-long programs:
Austin Soundwaves is an El Sistema-inspired music education program that helps over 300 youth in grades K-12 develop skills to support creative, social, and academic success. 100% of Austin Soundwaves students have graduated high school and gone on to college.
Emprendedor U addresses the unique barriers facing Hispanic entrepreneurs by providing free business education and mentorship in Spanish. Over 800 participants have attended Emprendedor U classes since 2011.
OLEH tailors resources to holistically support personal and entrepreneurial development for Latinas including wellness, business skills and work-life balance. 27 graduates completed OLEH’s first session in December of 2016.
As a young and growing nonprofit in Central Texas, The Hispanic Alliance currently has four full-time employees, 15 part-time employees, and a dedicated Board of Directors.
Our Ideal Candidate:
As an impact-driven non-profit with complex partnerships and stakeholders, we are looking for people who will thrive in our fast-paced, innovative, and often challenging environment. In order to succeed here, candidates must be:
- Able to persevere in the face of everyday challenges, both big and small
- Motivated to work in a social justice-oriented organization, which includes reflecting on our own biases and developing culturally responsive programs.
- Mission-driven and prepared to work urgently toward closing the opportunity gap and ending educational inequity in our community.
- Comfortable interacting with diverse people and have experience with creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing and driving a team towards outcomes, preferred
- Experience interacting with diverse stakeholders, required.
- Demonstrated track record with development for a non-profit organization, preferred.
- Ability to multitask, including prioritizing time for strategic planning while simultaneously responding to urgent and important demands.
- Clear communication and strong writing skills in English, required, and Spanish, preferred.
- Ability to raise money through traditional and non-traditional strategies, and eagerness to come up with new, innovate impact and development models.
- Familiarity with outcomes-oriented and research-based non-profit program models, preferred.
The Director of Impact & Development will be responsible for managing the organization’s effort to:
- Raise approximately $750,000 by July 2018, increasing to over $1 million annually by 2020, with support from the Board and Leadership Team, .
- Project manage and sell tickets/tables for annual gala in September (initial sales for 2017 gala currently underway)
- Develop and manage program evaluation/research partnerships and manage ongoing impact evaluation efforts.
- Work with Executive Director and Operations Director to expand the Board of Directors and strengthen existing board relationships.
- Work with the Board and Leadership Team to develop annual fundraising goals and benchmarks.
- Maintain relationships with existing funders, private foundations, public agencies, individual donors, and earned revenue clients.
- Collaborate with and manage others to create and execute a strategic plan for impact and development.
Benefits from Working with Our Team & Community:
- Broaden your impact by being a member of a growing non-profit organization.
- Become part of a close-knit team that uses goal-setting, reflection, and mentoring to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary for success.
- Family-friendly works environment with paid vacation package as well as option for flexible work arrangements.
- Employer-paid healthcare coverage
- A collaborative, supportive, and joyful team and community.
A. Reports to: Executive Director & Operations Director
B. Supervises: Office Manager (shared supervision)
C. Supports: Executive Director and Program Directors
D. Collaborates & communications with: Board members, partners,
vendors, donors and grantors.
Step One: Submit an application that includes the following components:
1-Page Cover letter
Salary Expectations and 3-5 year salary history
Notes: Please submit the resume and cover letter as a single attachment. E-mail it to email@example.com with the subject line: YOUR-LASTNAME – Director of Impact & Development Application.
Step Two: Selected candidates will be invited to the semifinal round, which includes completing a performance task related to the roles and responsibilities of the position. Final details of what to expect during this round will be sent to selected participants.
Step Three: Upon completion of the semifinal round, selected candidates will be invited to the final round. The final round will consist of an interview with the selection committee.
Final Verification: Reference check
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
The Hispanic Alliance is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.