The Hispanic Alliance Job Position Description
I. TITLE: Office Manager
ORGANIZATION: The Hispanic Alliance
STATUS: Full-time with competitive benefits plan (salary commensurate with experience)
II. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Office Manager is accountable for the administrative, communications, and business functions of the office under the direction of the Executive Director (ED).
III. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for timely and accurate receipt and processing of invoices, bills and administrative documents for ED to review, payment approval and filing to support organization financial and contract management.
- Coordinates Board meeting logistics; creation of Board binders and related printing to produce accurate materials within identified timelines.
- Manages logistics of other organization-sponsored meetings as requested, e.g., special events/concerts, classes, annual gala, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date distribution lists, member lists, etc.
- Creates and manages office files, both paper and electronic.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining newsletter and social media sites.
- Responsible for grant writing, researching foundations and reporting to grantors.
- Other office functions include:
manages phones; greets visitors; supports meetings; coordinates travel; handles incoming and outgoing mail; maintains employee timesheets, scheduling meetings and preparing calendars; prepares expense reports for reimbursement; orders and maintains office supplies and furniture; oversees maintenance of office equipment including repairs and inventory; proofreads and edits documents; runs occasional off-site errands; and performs general clerical duties, including typing documents, maintaining spread sheets (excel), copying, faxing, scanning and filing.
IV. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- All work is performed with a direct reflection of the organization’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Other duties as assigned
V. PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: (for ADA compliance)
- Light lifting; sitting or standing at desk.
II. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (required, preferred)
- Minimum of three years administrative or professional employment preferred.
- High school diploma required. Associate’s degree or 4-year degree preferred.
- Requires conversational and written fluency in Spanish
- Working knowledge and interest in nonprofits, community development, arts education and/or entrepreneurial education
VIII. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (required, preferred)
- Clear communication required.
- Excellent organization skills required
- Strong project management skills required.
- Poise, tact and discretion with sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency with Google Drive, Microsoft Office and general office software and equipment required; Strong PowerPoint and Excel skills preferred.
- Competency in creating and maintaining social media and web sites preferred
- Management of volunteers preferred
VIII. ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Reports to: Executive Director
B. Supervises: volunteers/interns
C. Supports: Executive Director and Program Directors
D. Peer and external collaboration/communicates with: Board members, partners, vendors, donors and grantors.
To Apply: Submit 1-page resume and 1-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: January 22, 2017