The Hispanic Alliance Job Position Description
Job Description: Business Programs Coordinator
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
The Hispanic Alliance believes that individuals facing obstacles can transform their lives when provided high quality, culturally relevant educational opportunities. We focus on arts education for youth, and entrepreneurial training for adults, thereby empowering entire families to thrive and give back to the community.
The Hispanic Alliance has partnered with the Austin community over the past six years to expand access to education and spur innovation amongst schools, nonprofits, and businesses. In addition to collaborative events throughout the year, we currently operate three year-long programs:
Austin Soundwaves is an El Sistema-inspired music education program that helps over 300 youth in grades K-12 develop skills to support creative, social, and academic success. 100% of Austin Soundwaves students have graduated high school and gone on to college.
Emprendedor U addresses the unique barriers facing Hispanic entrepreneurs by providing free business education and mentorship in Spanish. Over 800 participants have attended Emprendedor U classes since 2011.
OLEH tailors resources to holistically support personal and entrepreneurial development for Latinas including wellness, business skills and work-life balance. 27 graduates completed OLEH’s first session in December of 2016.
As a young and growing nonprofit in Central Texas, The Hispanic Alliance currently has four full-time employees, 15 part-time employees, and a dedicated Board of Directors.
The Business Programs Coordinator will be responsible for managing the Business Education programs. He or she will ensure the highest quality experience for students and staff and create community engagement with the program. The Business Programs Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and staff in areas related to compliance and promotion.
- Recruit and train volunteers and participants
- Supervise and manage business experts and volunteers
- Carry out regular evaluations of staff and participants
- Manage and collect program fees
- Provide guidance to volunteer instructors and ambassadors
- Keep track of program expenses and supplies
- Be the point of contact for instructors, participants and host sites. This includes keeping track of instructors schedules, inviting to programs and providing all materials for classes and events.
- Manage online registration for all classes
- Manage and maintain student database
- Coordinate all meetings, classes and extracurricular events
- Support the program by updating content for organization website, newsletter, and social media channels.
- Represent The Hispanic Alliance business programs in the community and with media, within Texas, and around the United States.
- Develop online forms for Program registration and applications.
- Develop and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional activities
- Attend all classes, events, meetings, etc.
- Responsible for all participant follow up as it pertains to all events, classes, etc.
- Keep track of and update program and student evaluation efforts
- Maintain a current and thorough understanding of trends in program evaluation
- Flexible schedule including evening availability
- Must be completely fluent in written Spanish communication
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and mailchimp
- Experience using Google Apps (i.e. Calendar, Gmail & Drive)
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and self-starter
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Extremely outgoing personality and ability to communicate effectively with participants, instructors and the community.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Business background preferred
Step One: Submit an application that includes the following components:
1-Page Cover letter
Salary Expectations and 3-5 year salary history
Notes: Please submit the resume and cover letter as a single attachment. E-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: YOUR-LASTNAME – Business Program Coordinator.
Step Two: Selected candidates will be invited to the semifinal round, which includes completing a performance task related to the roles and responsibilities of the position. Final details of what to expect during this round will be sent to selected participants.
Step Three: Upon completion of the semifinal round, selected candidates will be invited to the final round. The final round will consist of an interview with the selection committee.
Final Verification: Reference check
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
The Hispanic Alliance is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its applicants, staff members, and families, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. People of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.